baslinux - Re: [BL] MUTT will not send postponed messages

  • From: "Alejandro Lieber" <dos AT lieber.com.ar>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MUTT will not send postponed messages
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 18:43:46

Christov:

Mutt is now working perfectly for the last 4 days.

It tries to send, BUT PMAIL has no SMTP authentication, so I cannot
send from LINUX.

As you see, I also use Pegasus for DOS, modified by me (ver 3.52), so
I can use several separete POP3 and SMTP accounts. I use the mesage
board for this.

On 10 Dec 04 at 18:07, cce.zizkov AT volny.cz wrote:

> > I run MUTT downloaded from the BasLinux server.
> >
> > I like it a lot better than PINE.
> >
> > But as I connect with PPP, the messages I write are saved in:
> >
> > ~/Mail/postponed/1 (2;3,etc)
>
> Edit muttrc. Change the line on the folder format to mbox (or comment
> it out, because mbox is the default).
>
> From that moment the messages should be all added to one file. Its
> name is also defined in muttrc. In my configuration it is _outbox.
>
> I am not sure, but Mutt may create files in a directory
> called postponed containing unfinished drafts (see my last post).
>
> Even pmailrc may contain some option that copies sent mail to some
> directory. I did not check this.
>

> > If I do:
> > __________________________
> > pmail -o ~/Mail/postponed/
> > --------------------------
> > I get: No message is ready for sending.
> >
> > If I do:
> > ___________________________
> > pmail -o ~/Mail/postponed/1
> > ---------------------------
> > I get: Warning: Not postponed message folder specified.
> >

> > Something is missing, I don't know what.
>
> pmail possibly expects mbox format: one folder containing one
> or more messages. Change the muttrc as indicated above, write some
> more test messages and try again.
>
> Christof Lange

> Ceskobratrska cirkev evangelicka - Betlemska kaple na Zizkove
> Prokopova 4/216, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
> Tel. (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
> http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov

Read net news (USENET) with Arachne: http://www.lieber.com.ar/nnews.zip
Sans Serif fonts for MS-DOS at: http://www.lieber.com.ar/novafont.zip
Configurable dialing menu for several DOS internet programs at:
http://www.lieber.com.ar/dial_ip.zip

Ing. Alejandro Lieber
Rosario Argentina