baslinux - Re: [BL] MUTT will not send postponed messages

  • From: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MUTT will not send postponed messages
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 18:07:52

Hi Alejandro,

On 28 Nov 04 at 7:55, dos AT lieber.com.ar wrote:

> I run MUTT downloaded from the BasLinux server.
>
> I like it a lot better than PINE.
>
> But as I connect with PPP, the messages I write are saved in:
>
> ~/Mail/postponed/1 (2;3,etc)

Edit muttrc. Change the line on the folder format to mbox (or comment
it out, because mbox is the default).

>From that moment the messages should be all added to one file. Its
name is also defined in muttrc. In my configuration it is _outbox.

I am not sure, but Mutt may create files in a directory
called postponed containing unfinished drafts (see my last post).

Even pmailrc may contain some option that copies sent mail to some
directory. I did not check this.

> If I do:
> __________________________
> pmail -o ~/Mail/postponed/
> --------------------------
> I get: No message is ready for sending.
>
> If I do:
> ___________________________
> pmail -o ~/Mail/postponed/1
> ---------------------------
> I get: Warning: Not postponed message folder specified.
>

> Something is missing, I don't know what.

pmail possibly expects mbox format: one folder containing one
or more messages. Change the muttrc as indicated above, write some
more test messages and try again.

Christof Lange

Ceskobratrska cirkev evangelicka - Betlemska kaple na Zizkove
Prokopova 4/216, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Tel. (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov