baslinux - Re: [BL] dosemu? wp51?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] dosemu? wp51?
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 23:51:00 +0000 (UTC)

BL3 loop.
I downloaded dosemu 1.0.2 as instructed in the bl1 faq.
I unpackaged dosemu and freedos tgz files in /
(This worked in BL2 with the current version, rather than in /user)
cd /dosemu
dosemu
-sh: ./dosemu: not found
startx xdosemu - also not found

dosemu is an 11K script that is executable by all.
xdosemu is writable by all.
The scripts start off #!/bin/bash not sh.
Perhaps BL3 should have the following link (which I made):

cd /bin
ln -s sh bash

This time it got as far as:
dosemu: applet not found

Steven, can you take a look at this if you have dosemu handy? I can post the dosemu script if not.

It starts off wtih something about the install path being not system wide. Maybe I should install to /root instead?
The later version seemed to work the same in / or /root or /user.