baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 on 386sx no-copro update

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 on 386sx no-copro update
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 18:59:58 +0000 (UTC)

For loop bl3 I tried

loadlin zimage kbd-reset root=/dev/loop0 initrd=initfs.gz no387 rw
(I added no387 before rw)
It still blacks out while booting.

The boot loader information was very interesting anyway. Thanks.
Any other ideas? This is a strange little computer. It made the ext2 partition hda5. The other partition is hda1. FreeDOS.

In the meantime one of the two 486s we were going to use for linux no longer powers on, after being left plugged in overnight to see if the battery would charge. Problem with the voltage regulator? The power supply output is okay. Yesterday it ran loop linux perfectly.

We have one 486 still working except for slow floppy drive and another with 2MB RAM.