baslinux - Re: [BL] MS-DOS 7.10 disappeared my C: files

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MS-DOS 7.10 disappeared my C: files
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 08:00:18 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> I typed:
> tar -cvf temp.tar * --exclude-from=FILE
>
> Into FILE I put the following:
> /windows
> /progr~1
> /mymusi~1
> /putty

I did something similar, except I did not put / at the
beginning of the directory names.

> I thought linux treated directories the same as files.

It does.

> It showed a long list of them onscreen. Maybe it was
> listing the files it did NOT include first?

No, if it's listed on the screen, it goes into the
archive.

> What is a globbing pattern? Does this mean I could
> use wildcards as well as file names

Yes.

> The busybox tar may do the same things

The busybox tar did -X and --exclude exactly as I
expected. However, when I tried the same commands
with the full tar, it didn't work (for some reason
I haven't figured out).

> but the --help file did not mention anything about X

The BL2 busybox and BL3 busybox both have the -X
parameter for tar; however, only BL2 mentions it
in --help

> Can I use lilo to boot to DOS or Bl3, and when in DOS
> use loadlin to boot to another linux?

Yes.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru