baslinux - Re: [BL] hope to do a little BL testing

  • From: si-n <sheldonisaac AT myrealbox.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] hope to do a little BL testing
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 22:13:54 -0500

>Yes please. I've only been able to test smbclient
>on win95 (which is unlikely to be useful to many).
>If it works on more recent versions of Windows (or
>can be modified to do so), it will be much more
>useful.

Briefly, BL3.32 on machine 'other', and Steven's new smbcient.

Windows 98 first edition on machine 'asus'.

Ethernet cards with a crossover cable.

Finally got it to work: could put and get , I think.

Will report more tomorrow.

>Unless you turn off encrypted passwords in your
>Windows machine,

Sorry, what's that? Who are the Windows knowers here?

>you will probably need to do something
>to smbclient to get it to work with encrypted password.

Tt works as is.

>Perhaps my suggested entry in /etc/smb.conf will do it.
>Perhaps not.

Thanks,

Sheldon