baslinux - Re: [BL] hope to do a little BL testing

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] hope to do a little BL testing
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:58:55 +1300

James Miller wrote:

> I contacted the author about the failure in compiling
> it you mentioned, Steven, and he asked to send some
> output related to it and he would do some diagnosis.

Sorry, due to space problems, I didn't retain the
output from my attempt to compile naim. I didn't
even keep the naim sourcecode.

> it seems maybe I could do some testing of the samba
> client that's been talked about recently onlist.
> Shall I give that a shot Steven and see what kind
> of success/failure I might have on 98 and 2K?

Yes please. I've only been able to test smbclient
on win95 (which is unlikely to be useful to many).
If it works on more recent versions of Windows (or
can be modified to do so), it will be much more
useful.

Unless you turn off encrypted passwords in your
Windows machine, you will probably need to do something
to smbclient to get it to work with encrypted password.
Perhaps my suggested entry in /etc/smb.conf will do it.
Perhaps not.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru