baslinux - Re: [BL] Installing bootable BL3 on CDROM

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Installing bootable BL3 on CDROM
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 12:16:19 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> suchenderhd AT gmx.net wrote:
> >
> > the idea behind is to have workstation on the
> > workfloor booting from an cdrom and connects
> > to a central server and allowing telnet and
> > download of files needed for controlling a
> > drilling machine.
>
> You might find BL2 more suitable for your purpose.
> It is smaller than BL3 and runs from a 4mb ramdisk.
> Booting it from CDrom should be easier. It also
> uses glibc2 which should make it more compatible
> with your other Linuxes.

A list member actually made up a BL2 bootable CD. He had it available for
download but I doubt it's still there: I recall him saying something like
he would only have the image available for a couple of weeks, and that's
probably been a year or so ago. I downloaded it myself but didn't try it
out, and I think I lost that file when I inadvertently deleted a bunch of
stuff recently. A search of the archive (using Stephen Clement's method)
should at least turn up information about the onlist exchange about the
project.

James