baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 loop won't install on laptop 386 sx-20 Ultra

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: dos AT lieber.com.ar, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 loop won't install on laptop 386 sx-20 Ultra
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:20:21 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Alejandro Lieber wrote:

I can run baslinux 3.3 on a 33Mhz 386 SX 4Mby with a TTL (hercules)
monitor in a loop in a 42Mby HD.

It runs 2.5 times slower than in my main 40Mhz 486DLC.

On a 20X it probably runs about 4 times slower. I did not time it.
In CLI mode it worked fine, loaded pretty quickly.

I have a TTL monitor and VGA monitor on my desktop computers and have assigned half the terminals to each one so I can see what I am doing on two terminals at once.

My no-cursor problem does not occur on the TTL, just the mono-VGA. xli is displaying in 4-bit color but hopefully there is a greyscale switch to produce 256-shade grey instead. I will probably use seejpeg (which does have a greyscale switch) or maybe zgv instead of xli, which is too slow.
Is there any linux image viewer which supports Hercules mode? They exist for DOS.