baslinux - Re: [BL] CD-R burner bug requires 2.5.43 kernel

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] CD-R burner bug requires 2.5.43 kernel
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 17:50:15 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> Would it be worth posting your 2.4 kernel in case people
> really needed it to run certain programs

I didn't keep it. It was just an experiment to see how
big a BL3-type kernel would be (it was too big for my
liking). Immediately thereafter I deleted the sourcecode
and kernel.

> might it fix the problem of Xvesa not working in 8-bit color?

Nope, I've just tried it. No improvement.

> Xvesa -listmodes lists 256 color modes which implies
> they should work.

Did you notice the 8bit modes (256-colors) are listed as
"PseudoColor"? On my system, only 8bit is PseudoColor.
Perhaps the PseudoColor routine is broken in that version
of Xvesa?

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru