baslinux - Re: [BL] httpd

  • From: Stephen Clement <s.clement AT sympatico.ca>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] httpd
  • Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 08:35:18 -0500

3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

Stephen Clement wrote:

I've been trying to get httpd to work using the BasicLinux 3 ramdisk.

I'm glad somebody is trying out httpd. It's
surprisingly useful for a mini version. You
can even use it to transfer files from one system to another (using links or wget).

BasicLinux was my only option, since I've got two dead (I think) hard drives in there, and no matter what the BIOS refuses to refused to recognize them, and I wanted to run a small web server. Heh, I'm gonna have to put all my files on a CD-RW and serve them off of that, and reburn it every time I want to change my site, unless I can make the RAMDrive bigger. I've got enough RAM, and even when I'm running httpd, udhcp, links, etc. I've still got 20MB of RAM free, so can I make the RAMDrive bigger? Thanks for all your work on BasicLinux, and for helping me.

Stephen Clement