baslinux - Re: [BL] httpd

  • From: Stephen Clement <s.clement AT sympatico.ca>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] httpd
  • Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 08:25:35 -0500

3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

Stephen Clement wrote:

I've been trying to get httpd to work using the BasicLinux 3 ramdisk.

Do you mean the floppy version of BL3? The floppy
version uses ramdisks. The DOS version uses loop.

Yes, that's why I said it was the ramdisk one.

Unfortunately, httpd seems to ignoring my httpd.conf.

Where did you put httpd.conf?

I tried putting it in /etc/httpd.conf, and I also tried setting it with -c. Where _should_ I be putting it?

I tried doing an httpd -v to see what version it was, but it hung when I tried this.

Apparently -v is an dead parameter. The parser recognizes it, but doesn't find anything to do. CTRL-C gets you back.

Any idea what version it is then?

I can access httpd fine and get a wonderful 404 not found page using links or Mozilla on my other networked box, although I can't get anything else no matter what I specify in my httpd.conf. Any ideas?

Start httpd in the directory you want to serve.
For example, I've just started httpd in /root.

Why does it do this? Because I have no httpd.conf?

I can now read hotlist.html using links:
-----------------------------
http://localhost/hotlist.html
-----------------------------
It also works for: http://localhost/netsetup

Although I'm not on my LAN at the moment, I'm sure it will work the same on that:
http://192.168.1.1/hotlist.html

Or, if you copy hotlist.html to index.html:
http://192.168.1.1

Ok, I have it working now. :) Time to serve up some files.

Thanks for all the help,

Stephen Clement