baslinux - Re: [BL] (no subject)

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] (no subject)
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 08:03:06 +1300

kenm AT surfbest.net wrote:

> there are different error messages; the first tells
> me that my user name is not known

Sounds like a configuration problem: username missing
or wrong.

> and the other says "connection failed"

This could be what happens when authentication fails
(username/password error). The mail server simply
drops your connection.

> though ifconfig verifies the ppp connection is good.

The "connection failed" is not refering to PPP; it
is refering to the POP3 connection.

I suggest you double-check your configuration for
username and password. I don't suppose you have
any unusual characters in your username/password?

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru