baslinux - Re: [BL] Sylpheed internationalization

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Sylpheed internationalization
  • Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 08:30:47 +1300

cce.zizkov AT volny.cz wrote:

> here is my report on sylpheed:
>
> The new BL3 add-on seems to work only for West-
> European settings.

Unfortunately that is probably the case. Sylpheed
requires a recent GTK and I had a lot of trouble
getting GTK 1.2.10 to work with BL3. Finally I
managed to get something that works by stripping
everything possible out of GTK (and glib). NLS
was one of the things I stripped out.

> I had set locale to cs

I don't think the BL3 Sylpheed recognizes locales.

> After downloading new mail, the program crashed when
> attempting to open the inbox.

I tested the BL3 Sylpheed on my system (without setting
locale) and was able to download mail and open the inbox
without problem. I suspect your problem is related to
the locale setting. If it occurs without setting the cs
locale, please tell me.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru