baslinux - Re: [BL] Sound works (workbone), Realaudio won't install in Xvesa

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Sound works (workbone), Realaudio won't install in Xvesa
  • Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 14:57:12 +0000 (UTC)

sb16 - uses sb.o and for AWE32/64 also awe_32_synth.o, which
SW71 does NOT have. Is this for FM synthesis of midi sounds?

I do not know. I have never owned an AWE-card of any sort.

I read in my 1995 book or somewhere that linux did not support awe-32 midi playing but apparently some time since SW7.1 this has changed. Do you know of any programs for linux designed to play midis on awe32 cards (like freeCDP or the other DOS program) without needing patches added? These cards already come with 1M of sample sounds (and at least 512K space to add more samples). sample sounds = midi patches?

There were instructions to configure things with isapnptools but I don't
need to change settings, just diagnose them with a DOS program if I use
SB16 diagnose.exe. Have you had to configure any cards?

I tried that with the Vibra16 card, without success. :(
Why reconfigure when you can just use the settings they are already set to?
freeCDP also diagnoses the settings.

Regards,
Ron

--