baslinux - [BL] pdftohtml

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] pdftohtml
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:37:03 -0500 (CDT)

View PDFs with a browser using pdftohtml

I picked up the phone, and the voice at the other end said, "Rob, can you
help me with a PDF file? I can't read it." It was my Beverly Hills
attorney brother, who had received a 1MB PDF file via his Web-based email
client and didn't know how to download it and read it, especially since he
had no Acrobot reader installed. After some mutual grumbling about Acrobat
being an unnecessary step in the document-reading process, I discovered a
fairly painless solution to the whole mess, thanks to a little-known
program called pdftohtml.

http://software.newsforge.com/software/04/06/08/1530200.shtml

Thought this item might be of interest here since there has been a fair
amount of discussion onlist about options for viewing pdf files.

James