baslinux - [BL] customizing BL2 image

  • From: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] customizing BL2 image
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 18:27:36

Hi Steven,

through one of the BL2 web pages I finally found a compiled binary
of mailfilter. It runs under Slackware 7.1 and I wondered whether it
would be possible to run it 'headless' from the RAM version of BL2.

So I tried to customize the baslinux.gz file for BL2 with my old sript
that used to work with BL1 customization. I got errormessages
(overflow of the loop file).

Could you have a glance at my scripts or tell me, what was different
in BL2 image?

Christof

Scripts to customize RAM version of BL2:
---------------blload --------------------------
#!/bin/sh
# $1 points to a *hd* directory containing a copy of baslinux.gz
insmod loop 2>/dev/null
cd /
cd $1
cp build.gz oldimage.gz >/dev/null
if [ $? != 0 ] ; then
echo 'Usage: '$0' <directory_containing_baslinux>'
exit 1
else
gunzip oldimage.gz || exit 1
mount -o loop oldimage /mnt
echo
echo "The BasicLinux filesystem has been mounted to /mnt. Make
your changes. If you"
echo "are adding modules or other new bits, make sure you don't
overflow the space"
echo "available. The command 'df' will tell you how much space is
available on /mnt."
echo "When you are finished, run 'blsave "$1"'."
echo
fi

--------------------blsave --------------------------
#!/bin/sh
# $1 points to a *hd* directory containing a copy of baslinux.gz
cd /
cd $1
ls oldimage >>/dev/null && ls /mnt/bin >>/dev/null
if [ $? != 0 ] ; then
exit 1
else
HDDIR=`pwd`
cd /mnt
tar -cvf $HDDIR/tmp.tar *
cd $HDDIR
umount /mnt
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/ram1 bs=1k count=4096
mke2fs -i8192 -m0 /dev/ram1 4096
mount /dev/ram1 /mnt
cd /mnt
tar -xvf $HDDIR/tmp.tar
cd $HDDIR
umount /mnt
dd if=/dev/ram1 of=build bs=1k count=4096
rm $HDDIR/build.gz
gzip build
rm $HDDIR/tmp.tar
rm $HDDIR/build
echo
echo "The BasicLinux filesystem has been saved to
$HDDIR/build.gz. "
echo
fi

Ceskobratrska cirkev evangelicka - Betlemska kaple na Zizkove
Prokopova 4/216, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Tel. (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov