baslinux - [BL] Xaw and XVesa

  • From: Ian Scott <mriscott AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Xaw and XVesa
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 04:03:25 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Anyone managed to install Xaw under bl3?

I tried just installing the x332bin package, as recommended for BL1, which
contains libXaw, but that failed.

Well, to start with it completely failed - I couldn't start X at all. I then
thought about it and realized I had probably overridden the bl3 version of
some
files that X needs - so I remounted the original fs.img, and copied the
contents
of the original /usr/X11R6 over my new one. X now works, but when I try to
run my program which needs Xaw (xmris, if anyone's interested), I get

Cannot load library libXaw.so.6

Even though the file is there, it's a symlink to a real file, and it is on
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Ian