baslinux - Re: [bl] [ot] hello all...

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [bl] [ot] hello all...
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:50:15 +1200

I Close wrote:

> Can I aquire the source for this ?

I got the kernel source from Slackware 7.1. The busybox source
came from the busybox site. Xvesa was compiled from the XFree86
source (which took a long time to download on my 33.6 modem).
The libc5 libraries and most of the binaries came from Slackware
3 or 4 (I used whichever version was smallest and/or had the best
features). rxvt, swm and eznet were all compiled from downloaded
source.

> I'd like to compile my kernel,

You will find the kernel source in the /slakware/k1 directory
of Slackware 7.1.

> put it all on ext2, with a swap and some other tweaks.

I assume you will be using install-to-hd ?

> So, how can I get gcc on their ? - Slackware 7.1 binaries ?

Slackware 7.1 binaries won't work on BL3. BL3 has libc5 libraries.
Slackware 7.1 binaries need glibc2. I used GCC from Slackware 4.0
to compile most things for BL3. I did that on a BL1 foundation
(which uses the same libraries as BL3). I expect they will also
work on BL3. IIRC, these are the packages I installed:
binutils.tgz
egcs.tgz
gmake.tgz
libc.tgz
linuxinc.tgz
I'm pretty sure I took linuxinc.tgz from Slackware 7.1
(it's in the same directory as the kernel source). All
the others came from the k1 directory of Slackware 4.0.