baslinux - Re: [BL] modem problem

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] modem problem
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 11:30:08 -0400 (EDT)

> On 05-01, Matrix Mole wrote:
> >
> > * From above (where Is said to see below): I have a modem laying around
> > here somewhere (in a box at the moment) that has jumpers for setting COM
> > port/IRQ or I can set it to use PnP. It's a USRobotics 56k Voice INT PnP.
> > I can't seem to figure out what jumpers to use to get the thing to work
> > outside of windows. If anyone knows where I can find instructions on what
> > jumper settings to use, I'd be very thankfull.

www.usr.com/support - has links to Contact us. Another subpage of this
page (for Windows) has 'email a technician'. There are links to
information (about Windows) for each specific model number. I found one
site instructing Win 2000 users to remove all jumpers from a particular
USR model number to use it as PnP.

With our Cirrus PnP modems, we had to put on all the jumpers to use it as
PnP with Windows, and, I think, remove the first jumper to use it with DOS
and experiment with all the others (unlabelled) to get the correct address
and IRQ number.