baslinux - [BL] new BL3

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] new BL3
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:46:03 +1200

I have just uploaded the new version of BL3.
http://www.volny.cz/basiclinux/bl3-20.zip
It is able to use PCMCIA devices. It comes with two
drivers: serial_cs (for modems, etc) and pcnet_cs
(the most popular driver for old PCMCIA network cards).
You can get other drivers from Slackware 7.1.

Note: BL3 only does the older PCMCIA cards. I think
they are called Type 2 or pccard. It does not do the
more modern cards (called Type 3 or cardbus, I think).
I'm new to this PCMCIA stuff, so I could be wrong about
some details.

There is a pcmcia start line in /etc/rc and a man page
for cardmgr. Cardmgr has the ability (when run as a
daemon) to respond to card insertions and removals, but
the startup line in /etc/rc does not start cardmgr in
daemon mode. If you want that, remove the -o parameter.