baslinux - [BL] How to run "foreign" programs

  • From: dlormand AT aztecfreenet.org (DAVID L. ORMAND)
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] How to run "foreign" programs
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:10:42 -0700 (MST)

Tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I want to run a program I've made under X on BL3. I've
linked it statically with the FLTK library and verified
that it works fine on a "normal" linux box where FLTK
was never installed. I put it on BL3, and it says,
"not found".

Is it the glibc? So I do up a "hello world" program on
a "normal" box and put it on BL3. Same thing, "not found",
but I see it right there. I mount the root and usr partitions
of the "normal" RH9 installation and chroot to this new
root folder. Now the program works. So I copy the libc.so.6
to the /lib of the BL3 filesystem (is this not glibc?) and
dismiss the chroot. Still, "not found".

I notice that when I try to run programs while chrooted to a
"normal" installation, it at least tells me if it can't find
a shared library. But BL3 gives no more information than
"not found". It has to be something more than the actual
executable not found, cause I'm looking right at it.

  • [BL] How to run "foreign" programs, DAVID L. ORMAND, 04/23/2004