baslinux - [BL] CD burning

  • From: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] CD burning
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 09:11:53

On 23 Apr 04 at 16:39, baslinux-request AT lists.ibibl wrote:

>Reply to Sender: mailto:keesan AT iamjlamb.com
>Reply to List: mailto:baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org

>> Somewhere on the web there is an excellent script named 'cddoit' that
>> offers all possible and impossible functions you might need. You only have
>> to the permission checks in the script, then everything will work even BL.
>> If you want to _learn_ it is a very good way to study the command line
>> parameters used by this script file. After a while you will be able to "do
>> it" on your own
>
>I found http://www.geocities.com/cddoit
>
>This is a bash script used in combination with cdrecord (about 1M of
>source code, but maybe SW71 has it precompiled) for copying CDs, and
>cdparanoia if you want to rip CDs. mkisofs is also needed.

You will need these utilities. They have, however, rather complicated
command line parameters. The script asks you what you want and
inserts the correct options.

>I have two free DOS cd burning programs (cdrecord and cdroast?).

cdrecord should be a DOS port of the above (the complete
software package is called 'cdrtools'. Other programs I loaded turned
out to be quite crippled shareware or demo versions of commercial
software. Programs from cdrtools seem to work as under Linux, but you
get other DOS specific problems, eg. long file names are impossible.

>Can the BL2 kernel be used to copy CDs? I know you need bare.i for sound
>support.

Sound is not involved. SW71 is sufficient.

Christof Lange

Christof Lange <cce.zizkov AT volny.cz>
Prokopova 4, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
phone: (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov

  • [BL] CD burning, cce . zizkov, 04/24/2004