baslinux - Re: [BL] compiling X applications

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] compiling X applications
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 08:29:46 +1300

cce.zizkov AT volny.cz wrote:

> My system is BL2 + compiler and large parts from Slackware 7.1
> + glibc from Slackware 8.1 (in order to run phoenix/firebird)

So you have two different libs: glibc-2.2 runtimes (Slack81)
and the full glibc-2.1 (Slack71) for compiling. There are
significant differences between those two versions.

> 1. typical error message during compilation:
>
> undefined reference to `atexit@@GLIB_2.0'
>
> The config.log file actually contains errormessages
>
> undefined reference to `atexit@@GLIB_2.0'
> undefined reference to `fnmatch@@GLIB_2.0'
> undefined reference to `shmctl@@GLIB_2.0'
> undefined reference to `localeconv AT GLIB_2.0'

I don't know if those are caused by having non-compatible
runtime libs, but it might be. The safest option is to
use the same lib versions for runtime and for compiling.