baslinux - Re: [BL] Please tell me about BL3

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Please tell me about BL3
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:47:32 +1300

sheywood AT shentel.net wrote:

> I saw some references to BL3 in some recent messages posted to
> the mailing list on the thread "xvesa arguments found".

That's right, I've started work on BL3. I'm hoping to
fit Xvesa, icewm and few other bits into it. At the
moment it boots comfortably at mem=4M, but none of the
X stuff is in there yet.

> I visited the BasicLinux Home Page a few minutes ago
> and I found no info there about BL3.

We've only just started talking about it. It's still
several weeks away from anything substantial. Which
means: if you have any strong preferences, one way or
the other, now is the time to speak before the concrete
sets.

> According to the Home Page the latest BasicLinux
> version is still 2.1.

And it will be for another month or two.