baslinux - Re: [BL] Please tell me about BL3

  • From: entropicdesires AT entropicdesires.com
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Please tell me about BL3
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 14:02:56 -0600

Day Brown wrote:

...*DOS* has the file system of the drive you boot from, and its
way too stupid to know what to do with a virus.

DOS may be too *stupid* to handle a virus created for windows, but the opportunity for trojans is almost endless... Remember the once popular deltree trojan? Completely simple to make, and to hide, yet is capable of leaving a person sitting in front of a blank screen wondering what happened to their nice little DOS (and windows) installation.