baslinux - Re: [BL] Direct dialup connection

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Direct dialup connection
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 18:53:11 -0500 (EST)

Why do you want to use the ppp-setup instead of a dialing program such as
miniterm or kermit? I don't recommend miniterm, it does not do very well
at my bbs, but kermit works great and someone at kermit specially compiled
it to work with our old library. Download the 2M file and chmod +x and
put it somewhere on the path named kermit. There is a link at James'
download site. It may be too large for the RAMdisk version of BL2.