baslinux - Re: [BL] single user desktop

  • From: Day Brown <daybrown AT hypertech.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] single user desktop
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 05:44:03 -0800

3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Day Brown wrote:
> >
> > I have tried downloading the RPM, but it crashed halfway
> > thru the 13.5 meg download. It is spozed to 'resume', but
> > I gotta start over at the beginning.
>
> wget (in BL2) will resume a busted download.
That looks like yet another example, where an operating system offers
the kind of real *functionality* users need, without all the trivial BS
that only creates opportunities for bugs and sabotage.

BTW: do you spoze there's a way to copy the kppp driver that came on the
Corel/debian 2.2.16 install CD (prolly a .deb?) to the BL drive so that
I could try getting online with BL?