baslinux - Re: [BL] single user desktop

  • From: Day Brown <daybrown AT hypertech.net>
  • To: baslinex <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] single user desktop
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 05:47:41 -0000

On Wed, 2003-12-24 at 07:46, Anthony J. Albert wrote:

> I don't believe that the PrintScrn key will work that way, but Linux
> has it even better. Use the command:
>
> dmesg | more

> and you'll get all of the boot information, a screen at a time. (At
> least in BL2.1, which is what I have available to test at the moment.)
if the system boots?
I think print screen works as soon as dos says anything onscreen.
dont you havta put the dmseg command in the fstab or whatever of a
regular distro? You dont need cli access for the print screen key.

I dont see any reason why linux couldnt enable that key before anything.
But its not the sort of thing a sysad would need. They are knowledgable
enough to recognize an error message before it scrolls off screen.
Newbies aint that fast. Sysads try to keep their servers up 24/7,
whereas the home user restarts the pc everyday, which has something to
do with the problems they have booting.