baslinux - Re: [BL] latest flwriter

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <sisaac AT netaxs.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] latest flwriter
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 16:47:47 -0500

On 14 Dec 2003 at 14:09, keesan AT iamjlamb.com wrote:
> >[I am very very new to using any GUI in Linux]
> >
> >How do I get either of the flwriter programs to show up as something that
> >can be run from the icewm desktop? (am I using the correct terminology?)
> >
> GO to the start menu (type Ctl-Esc or use the mouse). Go to Control
> Panel, Edit Menu, and type in just below xterm the line
> prog "Flwriter" - flwriter
>
> This will start a program named flwriter. If the package unzipped to
> flwriter_static you will need to change that file name or else make the
> line read
>
> prog "Flwriter" - flwriter_static

Aha! Many thanks!

I finally did Start -> Control Panel -> Help
Will do some reading there.

> I have no idea how to use the latest four features in the toolbar - do you
> know what they do?

Nope.

> Did you test with plain VGA? That was a problem with the earlier version,
> it worked only with higher resolution X.

How do I know and adjust the resolution? I just installpkg-ed the list
of files such as xbin, xcfg, etc, etc and re-installpkg-ed bl2-x.tgz

My deep blue screen is somewhat smaller than the physical monitor screen -
about 80% of its width.