baslinux - Re: [BL] PLIP Help

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] PLIP Help
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 11:22:55 +1300

Sheldon Isaac wrote:

> > I have two machines (one HD install BL2, one RAM disk BL2),
> > joined at the LPT1's by a laplink cable. They PING each
> > other successfully.
> >
> > What do I do now to move files about from one to the other ?
>
> nfs works for me, but I am using a "crossover" cable between
> two network cards, the kind that have a 10-BaseT

Once you are able to ping, it doesn't make any difference
whether you are using crossover (ethernet) cable, parallel
cable or serial cable. Everything you can do via ethernet
TCP/IP, you can do via a TCP/IP serial or parallel link
(it's just slower). You can even mix them. At one stage,
I had an ethernet link between system A and B and a serial
link between B and C. When I dialed up the internet on A,
I was able to browse it from C.