baslinux - [BL] AGP video support

  • From: keesan AT iamjlamb.com
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] AGP video support
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:43:25 -0500

Is there support for AGP video in the BL2 kernel?
I am about to put together a linux computer for myself to use
since my roommate has taken over the other one to learn
programming on, and my fastest computer (300MHz) has an AGP slot.

Christoff, thanks for the comment on how to map 'any file system
directory' to a dos drive with dosemu. I think this means you get to
choose one linux directory which is accessible while using dosemu, right?

How different is nasm from asm86? If I understand correctly, you can
write something in nasm (an assembly language) and then use one of several
assemblers to convert it to DOS16, DOS32, or Linux code. This would let
my roommate Jim rewrite his dos text editor without needing to learn C
first, just make changes to convert it to nasm.

I signed up for the mail list again at a new webmail account
provided on a friend's friend's server, which should be fast enough
not to bounce mail due to time-out like my usual address is
doing with baslinux mail.

James, I do not understand your comment on making a symlink
in the man2html script for the other two locations of man files.
Would `find -name /usr/*/man/man*` not work in the script to find man
files in /usr/local/ and /usr/X11R6 ?