baslinux - Re: [BL] man2html script

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: Sindi Keesan <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • Cc: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] man2html script
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 15:08:05 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 keesan2 AT cyberspace.org wrote:
> > [BL] man2html script
>
> Using the bash (Jan 2003) that came with blinux and zcat that points to
> /bin/gzip (1.2.4 Aug 1993), what is between the single quotes is not bein
>
> Is there a true zcat that accepts a function in single quotes?
> In the mean time I'll install slackware 7.1 gzip (Jul 1999) and try it
> again. Expect a follow up msg if that fixes the problem.

I think those are not single quotes. I forget now what they call them,
but the symbol on the keyboard is usually located under the tilde. So,
it's the tilde key, but without hitting "shift" at the same time (not
caps). Looks very much like inverted commas, but I think it's a different
symbol. Maybe the script won't run because you're using the wrong "single
quotes"?

James