baslinux - [BL] photopc

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • Cc: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] photopc
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 15:25:47 -0500 (EST)

Photopc (27K download of the tgz file) is used to download digital photos
from Epson, Kodak, and Olympus digital cameras. ln -s /dev/ttyS0
/dev/photopc to use com1 serial port for the camera's serial cable.

www.usol.com/~keesan/ppc300.tgz is my package, which has four files in it
and no doinst.sh script. explodepkg filename.tgz will show what is in the
package. Unpack into / .

Please try this and let me know if i packaged it properly after compiling.
The compiled version works for us with Epson Photopc camera (original from
eBay, no number). The documentation lists cameras it should work with.
We use the DOS version on a boot floppy (about 60K executable) so as to
download photos to friends' Windows computers and then to the same boot
floppy, from our camera that only holds 16 images (at 640 res).

Anyone want to try compiling:

wv - http://sourceforget.net/projects/wvware
latest version is 0.2.1, Nov. 4, 2003 wv-1.0.0.tar.gz source 726K

The package wvware converts WORD to various formats such as html, ps, rtf,
pdf, including images. I have Doug Kaufman's DOS version, which sometimes
works where Antiword does not. None of these are perfect.

catdoc - WORD to text, includes an Excell convertor (xlhtml or xlcvs?)
www.45.free.net/~vitus/ice/catdoc
ftp.45.free.net/pub/catdoc for the source or the DOS executable
www.45.free.net/~vitus/ice/catdoc/catdoc.man.html

Wish me luck compiling lynx 2.8.5 ssl.

Sindi Keesan