baslinux - Re: [BL] homenetwork

  • From: Robert Steinmetz <Rob AT steinmetznet.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] homenetwork
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 16:23:09 -0600

Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:

> Server is now up and running. Choose nfs. Now I can
mount
> bigone from my p100=Basiclinux.
> As I am a fervent user of midnight commander (and norton
> commander on my drdos) I can now read the directories
that I
> have mounted and which I have given permission for at
Suse.

> But when I wanted to copy files from p100 to bigone I
got
> the info that I did not have the permission.

The permissions for NFS mounts are set on the server
(in Slackware they are set in /etc/exports). Yours is
probably set ro instead of rw.

No ;-). Set rw so I do not understand the problem.
Where to look further?

You might have the actual file ownership and permissions set so you can't access them.
What user (and user ID) are you using on each machine? What are the permissions on the files/directories?

--
Robert Steinmetz AIA
Principal

  • Re: [BL] homenetwork, Robert Steinmetz, 12/01/2003