baslinux - Re: [BL] RPM, mouse, and antiword

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] RPM, mouse, and antiword
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 08:43:43 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> I did find antiword at the add-on page. I somehow
> missed that link before. But the readme.txt file
> does not describe it. Which version is this?

It is 0.32. I think the one at the other download site
(for Slackware 9.1) is a later version.

> I think the symlink you gave us is for console mode,
> or will it also work in X?

It will work in X, if your /etc/XF86Config has /dev/mouse
as the Pointer Device.

> I should learn to write an alias for the whole process -
> do I substitute %s for the file name?

No. The alias simply replaces what is on the left side of
the = with what is on the right side. For example:
-----------------
alias del='rm -i'
-----------------
will take "del oldfile" and replace the "del" with "rm -i"
yielding "rm -i oldfile".

> alias man='man2html %s > file.html|lynx'

You can't do that with an alias, but you could certainly
do it with a script:
man2html $1 > /tmp/xxx.html
lynx /tmp/xxx.html

> Can I make gunzip part of the alias