baslinux - [BL] plip pooched... BL 2.1 to FreeBSD 5.1

  • From: bsdfalacy <bsdfalacy AT shaw.ca>
  • To: Basic Linux <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] plip pooched... BL 2.1 to FreeBSD 5.1
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 23:42:37 -0800

Hello all,

I managed to install BL 2.1 on my Compaq LTE Lite/25E today/yesterday. with it's whopping 120MB hard drive, BL and DOS 6.22 fit just nicely.

Anyhow, I can not seem to get PLIP working with these cats. They are both setup as they should be and do ifconfig on each stats that they are reversed as well as on the same subnet, as they should be. However, when I attempt to ping, I get the server unreachable message.

I have read through all the other references in the archive and I am still at a loss. As I am using IP addresses, rather than names, adding all to the end of that lin in rc.inet didn't help.

I know that the laptop's parallel port is plip compatable, as someone else wrote a piss poor how-to about doing it using this computer.

Any help will be happily repaid by me telling my grand children about you, when I have them that is :)

Rob.