baslinux - Re: [BL] openoffice and basiclinux

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] openoffice and basiclinux
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 07:45:15 +1300

Nomdo Jansonius wrote:

> I've an old pentium with 1 G harddisk. 400 MB
> for DOS and 100 MB for Linux Swap leaves 500 MB
> for Linux itself.

Your hardware appears to be insufficient for OpenOffice.
You need at least 128mb RAM and a 200MHz CPU.

> I would like to try openoffice because I need a
> program that is able to make a powerpoint-compatible
> presentation.

Do you want to run existing powerpoint files? Or do you
want to create a powerpoint-like presentation? If it is
the latter, you can create a nice presentation using HTML
and display it with Opera in full-screen mode. I recently
did this myself on my 486 laptop (using DOS Arachne instead
of Opera) and it worked well. To change pages, you can put
an invisible link in the lower right corner of the page and
click it with the mouse or keyboard.