baslinux - Re: [BL] openoffice and basiclinux

  • From: Nomdo Jansonius <nomdo AT dds.nl>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] openoffice and basiclinux
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 01:05:47 +100

I would like to try openoffice because I need a program that is able to
make a powerpoint-compatible presentation. Openoffice Impress is supposed
to be able to do that job (according to openoffice website).

I've an old pentium with 1 G harddisk. 400 MB for DOS and 100 MB for
Linux Swap leaves 500 MB for Linux itself. Presumably 500 MB is
insufficient space for SuSE/RedHat? Moreover, I like the basiclinux
concept: start small end big.

Greetings, Nomdo