baslinux - [BL] HD installtion

  • From: "Jim Aitken" <jim AT webvalley.co.uk>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] HD installtion
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 18:16:57 +0100

Hi

I'm trying to install BasicLinux onto a hard drive and having problems. This is what I've done so far...

I took a 1gb diskdrive and create a 34mb dos partition and installed dos on it so that it boots up ok. (the dos was created using Win95).

Then I loaded up my BasicLinux using my two floppy disks and followed the instructions on the install. I created a native linux partiition and formatted it. I mounted the drives and ran the install. It found my slakware folders from a cd and all appeared well. At the end it referred to a boot.bat file.

Should the install create a boot.bat file on my dos partition ? I don't know where to find the boot.bat file.

Thanks
Jim