baslinux - Re: [BL] Dillo & .tar.bz

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Dillo & .tar.bz
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:56:31 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Sheldon Isaac wrote:

> I found a dillo-0.7.3.tar.bz2 , hoping it had a ready-to-use Dillo
> browser, which I think James Miller or someone had said was good.
>
> But I can't install it with installpkg or pkgtool
>
> gzip -l doesn't recognize it
>
> So I downloaded a bzip2-100-x86-linux20
>
> but that doesn't execute
>
> Would appreciate some guidance.

Yes, that's a compressed package - maybe a binary, not sure. Anyway, to
get a Dillo 7.3 package that you *can* install to BL using installpkg,
look for the one on my add-ons site ( cmiller.sdf-us.org/baslin ). Note
that there is some other lib package (appropriately named) there that
you'll need to install along with it. There may be other dependencies as
well.

James