baslinux - [BL] nfs on BL2.1

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <sisaac AT netaxs.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] nfs on BL2.1
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:11:53 -0400

I got the TCPIP1.TGZ and (I think) installed it on both computers running
BL2.1 from hard drive.

I was up until 2:30 last night (morning) trying to get
mount -t nfs othercomputer:/shared-directory /mnt
to work.
(it refused, I forgot the exact message - not allowed, or whatever?)

Should I (how?) remove (what?) was installed from tcpip1.tgz and reisnatll
it, or what? are there configuration files to edit?

I've read all I can find on the list archives under "nfs"

As of now, I see that /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1 is zero bytes ??

If I say rc.inet2 the messages say

Activating IPv4 packet forwarding...
Starting /sbin/rpc.portmap
Mounting remote file systems...
./rc.inet2: /sbin/mount: No such file or directory
./rc.inet2: /sbin/mount: No such file or directory
Starting daemons: inetd mountdneighbor table overflow
neighbor table overflow
neighbor table overflow
Cannot register service: RPC Unable to send: errno = No buffer space
available
nfsdneighbor table overflow
neighbor table overflow
Cannot register service: RPC Unable to send: errno = No buffer space
available

Thanks,

Sheldon Isaac
215-842-0863