baslinux - Re: [BL] Install to HD, etc

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Install to HD, etc
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 09:02:34 +1200

Sheldon Isaac wrote:

> I can't mount any of the logical drives from my second HD
> (it has no primary partitions, just E:, F:, and G in an
> extended partition)

First, do the following to find the Linux names for your
harddrive partitions:
---------------
dmesg | grep hd
---------------

You can get more information on those partitions by doing:
--------
fdisk -l
--------

Once you are sure what the correct names are, you can mount
them. For example, if a DOS partition is shown at /dev/hdb6,
you can mount it by doing:
--------------------
mount /dev/hdb6 /mnt
--------------------
That partition will then be available under the /mnt directory.

If you wish to mount more than one partition at a time, you can
do as James suggested and create several mount points (one for
each partition you want to mount simulataneously). BasicLinux
already has two spare mount points (in addition to the generic
/mnt). They are: /fd /hd

> And the NIC can't be found by the netsetup command.

netsetup is not a command. It is just a template script to
show the steps needed to get a NIC working. The lines all
begin with # (normally used for comments) so none of them
will execute until you edit the script. Or you can simply
execute them one-by-one from the command line.