baslinux - [BL] SCSI HD

  • From: "Daryl W. Brandt" <dbrandt AT grandecom.net>
  • To: BasLinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [BL] SCSI HD
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:52:17 -0500 (CDT)

Still trying to install Baslinux to my SCSI HD. Now I can mount the msdos
scsi with
mount /dev/sda1 /cd. I can access the slakware directory and subdirectories,
all are lower case. (I am using dos 6.2)

Still cannot mount the other scsi HD. I have followed the instructions by:

FDISK /dev/sdb and set to Linux native (83)
mke2fs /dev/sdb
mount /dev/sdb1 /hd

This is were I get error msg: VFS: Can't find a valid MSdos FILE system.
UMSDOS:
msdos_read_super failed, mount aborted.

I have noticed that after formatting with mke2fs I cannot access /dev/sdb
using CFDISK.

I tested the /dev/sdb by: Using DOS and I can create a partition, format and
save files to sdb1.
Thanks for all the help so far,
Daryl