baslinux - Re: [BL] X-Term

  • From: Andrew Langdon-Davies <ald2 AT arrakis.es>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] X-Term
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 20:32:40 +0200

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:27:57 -0700, Kent Cheung <kcheung AT zantaz.com> wrote:

Hi,

Finally, I installed the X11 stuff (x-term?), and able to run startx
command.
However, I only see a big blue background color on the desktop without any
icon and something like status bar on the bottom edge of the screen with
ONLY one black square icon to show CPU usage.

What? No penguin? Perhaps you should reinstall bl2-x.tgz (This needs to be the last x package to install). Backup your XF86Config file first, in case the default doesn't work for your setup.

how can I get the icon (file manager?) in the desktop? Do I
need
to install something too?

Try installing something like X File Manager (xfm.tgz). It will take a bit of fiddling but it's OK.

HTH
Andrew