baslinux - RE: [BL] Office Suite

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [BL] Office Suite
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 15:54:05 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Matt Smed wrote:

> Should I just stick with the non-X applications? In time, I could
> probably figure out how to use the included "mail" and "links" programs,
> and most X applications are slower on my machine anyways (although
> "dillo" is fast).

Well, you get alot more "bang for your buck" out of console apps. I try
to avoid firing up X on my old pc's, but I do use them more or less for
hobby purposes. Maybe to be more productive and "rea world" with them,
having X running more often would be desireable. I use Pine for mail and
it works great. Sylpheed, which Steven has mentioned is probably your
best bet for a gui mail client. XFMail is also supposed to be a good and
lightweight graphical email prog, but it has more dependencies than
Sylpheed so may not be a very good option for BL.

James

PS Dillo 7.3 (plus a GTK lib on which it depends) are at my add-ons
download site now. I copied it to there from the Delilinux site - so it
can be gotten from either place.