baslinux - Re: [BL] mono project in BL 2.1?

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] mono project in BL 2.1?
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 06:37:30 +1200

Kent Cheung wrote:

> 1) JDK 1.4/java run in BL 2.1?

I'm not sure what that means. I'm currently running
j2re1.4.2 on BL2. I installed it as a plug-in for the
Phoenix (Mozilla) browser. It seems to work fine.

> (I only have 1.44 floppy drive.

The packages you will need to install are large, much
larger than a floppy. Splitting and recombining them
is possible, but could easily lead to errors. I suggest
you find another method of getting files into the system.
Perhaps a laplink/null-modem/interlnk cable (that attaches
to the serial or parallel port)?

> 2) For jdk counter part, does it run C# compiler (from mono-project)?

Sorry, I know nothing about C#