baslinux - [BL] Re: Problem installing lilo

  • From: Ernesto Celis <celise AT prodigy.net.mx>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Re: Problem installing lilo
  • Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 19:08:09 -0500

> 1. Problem installing lilo (Gilles Molesini)
> 2. Re: Problem installing lilo
> (qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org)
> 3. Re: Problem installing lilo (Gilles Molesini)
> 4. basixlinux x on tp 600 laptop? (henry)
> 5. Re: Problem installing lilo (James Miller)
> 6. why I stopped participating in this email list
> (keesan2 AT cyberspace.org)

> ------------
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 22:57:49 +0200
> From: Gilles Molesini <gmolesini AT free.fr>
> Subject: [BL] Problem installing lilo
> To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
> Hi
>
> I have installed bl 2.1 on /hda1 and untar lilo.tgz
> (BL1.8).

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 09:35:19 +1200
> From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
> Subject: Re: [BL] Problem installing lilo
> To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
> Gilles Molesini wrote:
> >
> > I have installed bl 2.1 on /hda1 and untar lilo.tgz
> (BL1.8).
> Two problems here. First, the BL1 lilo.tgz package must
> be installed with pkg, not untar. Second, it only works
> for BL1.

Like Steven says you need install lilo using installpkg,
but...

> If you wish to install lilo for BL2, you should use the
> lilo package from Slackware 7.1 (in the /slakware/a8).

there is a problem with the version of lilo from Slackware
7.1, I use this once and when I run lilo it says the kernel
zimage provided with BL2 is too big, then someone in this
list suggest to me use lilo from slackware 7.0 instead. If
you want to use lilo use this.

> BTW, I do not recommend that newbies use lilo. The
> default boot loader (loadlin.exe) is less problematic.

I'm agree with Steven the first times when I try use lilo
were some problematic, but, I've learned tryng to solve
those problems. Thanks to Steven and all in this list I have
lerned very much about Linux.

celisdelafuente AT hotmail.com
celise AT prodigy.net.mx
044 834 8 53 81 77

  • [BL] Re: Problem installing lilo, Ernesto Celis, 09/04/2003