baslinux - Re: [BL] Problem installing lilo

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Problem installing lilo
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 09:35:19 +1200

Gilles Molesini wrote:

> I have installed bl 2.1 on /hda1 and untar lilo.tgz (BL1.8).

Two problems here. First, the BL1 lilo.tgz package must be
installed with pkg, not untar. Second, it only works for BL1.

> I follow the instructions of install but when i execute
> lilo -v i have this message:
>
> bash: ./lilo: no such file or directory.
>
> The lilo file is in /hd/sbin
> Some one can tell me what i'm doing wrong ?

First, /hd/sbin is probably not in your path. Second, your
lilo executable probably was compiled with libc5 (BL1) instead
of glibc2 (BL2). To find out, cd to the lilo directory and do:
--------
ldd lilo
--------

If you wish to install lilo for BL2, you should use the lilo
package from Slackware 7.1 (in the /slakware/a8). BTW, I do
not recommend that newbies use lilo. The default boot loader
(loadlin.exe) is less problematic.