baslinux - Re: [BL] local networking

  • From: cce AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] local networking
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 13:35:44

On 18 Aug 03 at 12:59, christopher.suchecki AT wp.pl wrote:

>Reply to Sender: mailto:christopher.suchecki AT wp.pl
>Reply to List: mailto:baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
>
>> I have connected two machines with coax cable, one has ne2000 card
>> the other one works with the wd driver. I tried to connect them
>> under basiclinux 1.x, loaded packet drivers accordinng to the
>> examples in netsetup file. Then I ran ifconfig and the command
>> 'route basicnet' (what does that mean?). No ping, yet.

>If coax cable is ok (you used proper terminators, didn't you?),
>than there may be either IRQ conflict or io address conflict.

I see that have to consult somebody, what to do with a
coax cable, first. I assumed, for two machines it should be
enough just to plug in some kind of cable...

I will probably be told to use a terminator. I think I know, how it
looks like. But never heard that word, only know that other thing
that wants to become governor of California.

Thank you, Chris, configuration issue seems clear to me, now.

Christof

Christof Lange <cce.zizkov AT volny.cz>
Prokopova 4, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
phone: (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov